Become a U.S. Citizen with ease
Gaining U.S. citizenship can provide many opportunities for a resident of the United States. Our step-by-step form completion guide will turn complex questions into simple ones, ensuring that you fill out the form correctly and accurately. Once you have completed your form, you will receive step-by-step instructions on how to print your application and submit to the USCIS.
Advantages of having U.S. Citizenship
- Citizenship for children under the age of 18: All underaged children of naturalized American citizens will automatically receive U.S. Citizenship.
- Sponsor close relatives: As a U.S. Citizen you may sponsor your parents, children over the age of 18 (married or unmarried) and siblings to apply for Permanent Residence without having to wait for a visa.
- U.S. Passport: Having a U.S. passport brings many advantages including, but not limited to, being able to travel to over one-hundred and seventy-four (174) countries without needing to apply for a visa.
- Assistance from U.S. Embassies and Consulates: When traveling abroad consular officials can provide resources and legal aid. The U.S. Government may even intervene on the person is behalf in the event of incarceration.
- The right to vote: You will have the right to take part in the U.S. national elections.
- Great job opportunities: You will be able to work anywhere in the United States.
- Freedom to travel: U.S. Citizens, unlike Permanent Residents, do not have to maintain a residence in the U.S., they have the right to travel and stay in a foreign country as long as they wish and return at any given time.
- No deportation: As an American Citizen, you cannot be deported.
- Social benefits: You will be assigned a Social Security Number and have access to Medicare.
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
To become a U.S. citizen you will need to complete form N-400, but first you must make sure you are eligible. You are eligible to apply for citizenship through the naturalization process if you:
- Are at least 18 years old
- Are a Green Card holder
- Are able to read, write, and speak basic English
- Have a basic understanding of U.S. history and government
- Have lived for at least 3 months in the state where you will apply
- You have not spent more than one year at a time outside the U.S.
- Have resided continuously in the United States for at least 5 years as a permanent resident immediately preceding the date of filing your application
- Have been physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the 5 years immediately preceding the date of filing your application
- Are a person of good moral character Take our Free Eligibility Quiz to see if you meet requirements
8 Steps to Naturalization: Understanding the Process of Becoming a U.S. Citizen
The U.S. citizenship process includes the following steps:
- Determine if you are eligible to become a U.S. citizen
- Prepare & Complete Form N-400 Application for Naturalization, with the help of our services
- Print, Mail & Submit Form N-400 to the USCIS
- Receive a decision from USCIS on your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization.
- If required, go to the biometrics or finger printing appointment
- Go to the interview
- Take the Oath of Allegiance
- Become a U.S. citizen
Our self-help system will help you through the entire immigration process. Our Application Package includes all the necessary USCIS forms to complete your application and personalized step-by-step instructions that will guide you on how to correctly and successfully complete and submit your application with the USCIS. Start now and become a citizen of the United States of America!