Professional Document Templates Available
Communicate efficiently with USCIS with our professionally written cover letter and document templates.
Personalized Application Filing Instructions
Based off of your answers, our system will generate personalized filing instructions to guide you through the filing process.
Supporting Documents Step by Step Instructions
Our easy to understand instructions will guide you through preparing your supporting documents to file your paperwork accurately with the USCIS.
Customer Support Agents Available
Our agents are here to help you if you have any questions with our product or service.
Fiancé(e) K-1 Petition Form I-129F
Who can apply to file a Petition for an Alien Fiancé(e) using Form I-129F?
A U.S. Citizen who is looking to have their fiancé(e) enter the United States and get married may file form I-129F.
The U.S. Citizen and Fiancé must be legally free to marry within 90 days of the fiancés entrance into the United States.
The U.S. Citizen and fiancé should have met within two years immediately before filing this petition unless:
The requirement to meet your fiancé in person would violate strict customs of the fiancé’s foreign culture or social practice, and any and all aspects of the traditional arrangements have been or will be met in accordance with the custom or practice,
The requirement to meet the fiancé in person would result in extreme hardship to the petitioner
U.S. Citizens may also file form I-129F if they have filed or will file form I-130 and they’d like to obtain a nonimmigrant visa for their spouse to enter the U.S. and await the processing of form I-130.
Things to remember when completing Form I-129F:
- Answer all questions fully and honestly
- Provide supporting evidence for your claims about yourself and your fiancé(e) or spouse.
- Include your form of payment with your application.
- Sign your petition
What happens after I submit my petition?:
Once USCIS receives your Form I-129F, the agency processes the application. USCIS will then send you:
- A confirmation receipt notice of your petition
- A notice of a biometrics appointment date, if needed;
- An interview appointment date may be scheduled; and
- A written notice or decision. Normally, when the USCIS approves the petition, the agency sends it to the U.S. Department of State’s National Visa Center (NVC).
- The NVC notifies both you and your relative of the invitation to apply for a nonimmigrant visa. The invitation extends to qualifying dependents as well.
- When the time comes for the relative to immigrate, the petitioner must agree to be his or her financial sponsor by filing Form I-134, Affidavit of Support. The form states your commitment of financial support to your immigrating relative.
USCIS Filing fees for Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) (Form I-129F)
FileRight application package preparation fee is $95.
USCIS filing fees to file Form I-129F when filing for a fiancé(e) is $535.
USCIS does not charge a fee for petitions for K-3 status if the petition is being filed by the same U.S. Citizen and it is based on a pending Form I-130, Petition of Alien Relative.
USCIS biometric services for your application, if required is $85.
USCIS won’t refund your money, even if your application is denied. We’ll help ensure your application is correct and complete.
How FileRight makes it easier!
Simple & Fast
We ask simple questions in English or Spanish and you answer with a simple click.
No Costly Mistakes
Our software checks your forms for errors and makes sure you have not missed anything.
No Confusing Forms
Our online service completes your forms for you. No more confusing forms or instructions.
Print & File Right
We provide personalized filing instructions for your completed form. You simply print and file with confidence.