Professional Document Templates Available
Communicate efficiently with USCIS with our professionally written cover letter and document templates.
Personalized Application Filing Instructions
Based off of your answers, our system will generate personalized filing instructions to guide you through the filing process.
Supporting Documents Step by Step Instructions
Our easy to understand instructions will guide you through preparing your supporting documents to file your paperwork accurately with the USCIS.
Customer Support Agents Available
Our agents are here to help you if you have any questions with our product or service
Petition for Relative Form I-130
Who can apply for a Family Green Card using Form I-130?
Both U.S. citizens and Green Card holders use Form I-130 to petition for qualified relatives to receive legal permanent residency (LPR) status.
U.S.citizen qualified relatives are:
- Husband and wife
- Biological parents, step-parents and adoptive parents
- Brothers and sisters, adopted siblings, step-siblings and half siblings
- Unmarried or married sons and daughters under the age of 21
- Unmarried children or married children over the age of 21
Preference of these qualified relatives is given to immediate relatives with spouses and children at the top of the list.
LPR qualified relatives are:
- Husbands and wives
- Unmarried sons and daughters under the age of 21
- Unmarried sons and daughters over the age of 21
Things to remember when completing Form I-130:
- Answer all questions fully and honestly
- Provide supporting evidence for your claims about yourself and your family member.
- Include your form of payment with your application.
- Sign your petition
What happens after I submit my petition?
Once USCIS receives your Form I-130, the agency processes the application. USCIS will then send you:
- A confirmation receipt notice of your petition
- A notice of a biometrics appointment date;
- An interview appointment date may be scheduled; and
- A written notice or decision. Normally, when the USCIS approves the petition, the agency sends it to the U.S. Department of State’s National Visa Center (NVC).
When a visa is available, the NVC notifies both your and your relative of the invitation to apply for an immigrant visa. The invitation extends to qualifying dependents as well.
- When the time comes for the relative to immigrate, the petitioner must agree to be his or her financial sponsor by filing You’ll file Form I-864, Affidavit of Support when the time comes for your relative to immigrate. The form states your commitment of financial support to your immigrating relative
USCIS Filing fees for Petition for Alien Relative (Form I-130)
FileRight application package preparation fee is $195.
USCIS filing fees to file Form I-130 is $535.
USCIS biometric services for your application, if required is $85.
USCIS won’t refund your money, even if your application is denied. We’ll help ensure your application is correct and complete.
How FileRight makes it easier!
Simple & Fast
We ask simple questions in English or Spanish and you answer with a simple click.
No Costly Mistakes
Our software checks your forms for errors and makes sure you have not missed anything.
No Confusing Forms
Our online service completes your forms for you. No more confusing forms or instructions.
Print & File Right
We provide personalized filing instructions for your completed form. You simply print and file with confidence.