Prepare Your USCIS Form I-90Green Card Renewal Application
Check if you Qualify?
Learn if you are eligible to renew your green card
1) Legal Status
The individual must be a lawful permanent resident of the United States, also known as a green card holder.
Your green card must either be expired or about to expire
3) Physical Presence
You must be physically present in the United States when you file Form I-90
4) Continuous Residence
You must not have abandoned your U.S. residence, meaning you must have lived in the U.S. continuously and not spent extended period of time outside the country
Still Confused? Don’t worry, take our Free Eligibility QuizTake Eligibility Quiz
What’s Included in Your Application Package Service
Immigration Instant Error ReportIncluded
- Complete your application online using our easy to use immigration software.
- Securely check your application using our Immigration Error Report technology.
- Review entire application for omissions of key information.
- Examine for typographical errors that might delay processing.
- Confirm consistent spellings of names and places throughout the application.
- Check for inconsistent, illogical or conflicting dates.
- Review for obviously illogical entries.
- Search for entries that conflict with each other.
- Our software checks the information you provide against the eligibility requirements for the immigration benefit you’re seeking, and notifies you if those requirements are not met.
- Once you complete your application, we print, assemble and mail out your application package to you.
- We include sticky notes on where you need to sign and date your application.
- Service includes a pre-paid envelope for you to mail your completed package directly to the USCIS for processing.
- We mail your application package via USPS.
- Some applications have time restrictions before they’ll accept your application.
- At times, customers prepare their application sooner than allowed by the USCIS.
- Our software will allow you to complete your application but will remind you when you can send your application to the USCIS for processing.
FileRight Application Preparation Service Includes
Professional Document Templates Available
Communicate efficiently with USCIS with our professionally written cover letter and document templates.
Personalized Application Filing Instructions
Based off of your answers, our system will generate personalized filing instructions to guide you through the filing process.
Supporting Documents Step by Step Instructions
Our easy to understand instructions will guide you through preparing your supporting documents to file your paperwork accurately with the USCIS.
Customer Support Agents Available
Our agents are here to help you if you have any questions with our product or service.
Over 50,000 customers served by FileRight.com
See how customers rated their experience with FileRight.com
Green Card Renewal Form I-90
What is the I-90 Application?
A United States permanent resident can renew or replace their Green Card with the Form I-90. Conditional permanent residents must use a different set of forms if they try to renew or replace their Green Card within 90 days of its expiration date.
Instead of filing your I-90 Application on paper by yourself, we can help you work through the entire process online. We can ensure that the USCIS receives yours on-time and complete.
A Green Card proves you live in the U.S. legally and permanently.
United States law requires Permanent Residents who are 18 years or older to maintain possession of their Green Card on their person as a form of identification at all times. Failure to comply with this law constitutes a misdemeanor. If convicted, you may face 30 days in jail and a $100 fine.
Conditional Green Card holders who obtained a limited two-year status through marriage or as a business operator can use the Form I-90 to renew or replace their permanent resident card. However, they can’t use the Form I-90 if their card will expire in 90 days or less. In this case, they must use Form I-750 and Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
Common Reasons for Filing Form I-90
Form I-90 will need to be filed if your Green Card is lost, destroyed, stolen, mutilated, or if you didn’t receive it from USCIS. You’ll also need to file Form I-90 if the information on your card is wrong or needs to be updated.
You’ll also want to file Form I-90 if any of these apply to your situation:
- Your Green Card is expired or will do so within six months
- You are turning age 14
- Granted automatic permanent residence by USCIS
- Establishing beginning commuter status (you’ve been approved to live in another country, while commuting to the U.S. for work)
- You have been approved to live in the United States and are ending commuter status.
- Your Green Card is outdated and lacks modern security features.
Whatever reason you have for filing Form I-90, we’ll help you complete it and remain in compliance with USCIS.
How Do I Renew My Green Card?
To renew your Green Card, first create an account with USCIS. Then carefully work through the Form I-90. Make sure you sign every part that requests your signature and carefully review each page upon completion. Be sure to include all necessary documents when submitting your application, including a copy of your Green Card. Then pay any necessary fees and mail it to the correct address.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Green Card Renewal?
It typically takes ten months to a year to renew a Green Card. However, if you made a mistake in your application or if there was a problem with the delivery, this process can take even longer.
What Happens if My Green Card Expires?
If your Green Card expired, you can relax - you won’t be deported and are still a legal resident of the United States. You are not at risk of deportation and won’t face additional late fees when filing for your Green Card. You will simply need to obtain a temporary Green Card in the meantime.
USCIS Green Card Filing fees
It costs $455 to file your Form I-90. The USCIS may also include an $85 biometrics service fee, although this has been suspended for certain types of visa applicants.
FileRight application package preparation fee is $285.
The USCIS does not issue refunds. If your application is rejected, you’ll need to pay $455 to submit it again, along with a potential $85 biometric service fee. FileRight can make sure your Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card is submitted correctly the first time. For a one-time fee of $285, you can have peace of mind for your Green Card status.
Popular Form Packages
How FileRight makes it easier!
Simple & Fast
We ask simple questions in English or Spanish and you answer with a simple click.
No Costly Mistakes
Our software checks your forms for errors and makes sure you have not missed anything.
No Confusing Forms
Our online service completes your forms for you. No more confusing forms or instructions.
Print & File Right
We provide personalized filing instructions for your completed form. You simply print and file with confidence.