Types of Information We Collect and How We Use It
Personally Identifiable Information
As a general policy, no “Personally Identifiable Information” (as defined below) is automatically collected from your visit to the Website unless you register and create an account on the Website or otherwise voluntarily provide such information. “Personally Identifiable Information” means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion. “Personally Identifiable Information” includes, without limitation: (i) contact data (such as your first and last name, physical street address, city, state, area code, phone number and email address), (ii) financial data (such as your credit card number, expiration date, and verification code), (iii) demographic data (such as your area code and gender), (iv) date of birth, (v) other identifier that permits you to be contacted in person or online, (vi) employment and other related information, and (vii) other legal data (such as your tax file number and other sensitive information used to complete and generate the proper documents based upon your specific information and direction).
We will collect and use Personally Identifiable Information about you in a number of ways, including:
- responding to your request for products or services offered through the Website; and
- notifying you about products, services, and other opportunities we think will be of interest to you.
If you would like to make corrections or updates to your Personally Identifiable Information, including your email address, phone number, mailing address, credit card information or password reminder phrase, you can easily make them through the edit profile section of your account or by otherwise following the instructions found on the Website. We reserve the right to collect information about you and store it in connection with other online or offline information we may possess or obtain about you.
Sources of Information
The Personally Identifiable Information which we collect and use may come from a number of sources, including:
- Registration Information, which you provided when registering for our services or products, offered through the Website. For example, you may be required to submit personal information such as your name, address, email, and date of birth to verify your identity prior to establishing your account.
- Billing information, such as a credit card number, which is required to process the payment for the products or services you order from us.
- Other information we collect, such as the city of your birth and your mother’s maiden name, which is used to verify your identity in the event you forget your login information required for our online products or services.
- Information you provide to us in response to our communications. For example, we may request that you provide your e-mail address so that we may send you notifications, alerts, special offers and newsletters.
- Information that you provide to us through customer service communications and correspondence and general feedback.
- Information you provide us responding to products or services offered through the Website.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Certain non-personal information, including but not limited to the type of browser being used, its operating system and your IP address, your geolocation, and any other non-Personally Identifiable Information collected from or provided by you on our Website (“Non-Personally Identifiable Information”) , may be automatically recorded by the standard operation of the Website’s internet servers. This Non-Personally Identifiable Information can be used to help diagnose server problems, administer the Website and generally enhance your online experience. We will also collect certain information arising out of your use of the Website, such as cookies, or web beacons, or augment the data we collect with other information from other online or offline sources. We reserve the right to collect information about you and store it in connection with other online or offline information we may possess or obtain about you. You are able to opt out of Google Demographics tracking by installing the official Google Analytics opt-out browser extension here. We also may collect other Non-Personally Identifiable Information such as, but not limited to: (1) age; (ii) gender; (iii) interest categories (e.g., sports, travel, food & dining); or (iv) parental status. We reserve the right to collect information about you and store it in connection with other online or offline information we may possess or obtain about you.
In addition, when you access our Website or use our services on a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of device you use, unique device ID, wireless mobile subscriber information, operating system, and information about your use of our services. With your consent, we may use available services on your device to determine your precise location. Our services may be supported by advertising, some of which may be customized based on information we collect or receive about you or your devices, including your location.
Data Storage and Retention
We will retain your User Information for as long as your account is active or as long as needed to continue to offer or provide services to you, in our sole discretion, in accordance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. The foregoing notwithstanding, we reserve the right to archive, delete or purge your User Information at any time, including permanently erasing or migrating your User Information from or between our websites, servers, databases or platforms, in our sole discretion, or upon your request, or to comply with any laws, rules, regulations, court or administrative orders, or the advice of counsel.
Pages on our Website also may contain “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). Web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. We use log files to store the data that is collected through web beacons.
We may share, rent, sell, lease, or otherwise disclose certain of your User Information in accordance with applicable law, including Personally Identifiable Information, with affiliated and non-affiliated third parties, including without limitation in connection with the following:
- Special Offers – We sometimes disclose the information we collect to our affiliated companies for marketing purposes and to enhance our products or services to better suit your needs. When identifying methods of improving our products or services, or if we think a product or service may be of interest to you, we may extend select special offers of goods or services to you. If you would like to opt-out of receiving these offers, please refer to the “Offering You Choices – Marketing Options,” section below.
- Vendors – We sometimes disclose the information we collect to companies that operate various services for us, such as marketing, distribution, advertising, or certain product functionalities, or who otherwise provide goods or services which may be of interest to you. If you provide information to us, you are expressly consenting to receiving telephone calls, emails or text messages, or direct mail, from us, or on our behalf, regarding the products and services offered on the Website.
- As Permitted by Law We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law.
- Transferability of Information – We may share your User Information and other date with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with us. In the event we go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personally Identifiable Information and other User Information will likely be among the assets transferred, and you hereby consent to such transfer.
In addition to the above, we may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary: (a) to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering (either intentionally or unintentionally) with: (i) our legal rights or property, (ii) another visitor or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; (b) to respond to legal process such as a subpoena, investigative demand or discovery requests; or (c) by operation of law.
Personally Identifiable Information will not be sold, leased or otherwise made available to any person or entity not authorized by or associated with us. However, please be advised that certain Personally Identifiable Information becomes a matter of public record upon the filing of certain documents with the appropriate government agency or court.
Offering You Choices - Marketing Options
You have choices when it comes to learning about our new offers, products or services, as well as those offered by our partners and affiliates. If you do not wish to receive these offers, you may opt out by contacting our Customer Care department via our Contact Us page. Alternatively, each marketing e-mail we send to you will include instructions how to opt-out which you may utilize. Please note that you may still receive information from third parties to whom we have disclosed your information prior to the time you opted-out. If you withdraw your consent, our use of your Personally Identifiable Information before you withdraw is still lawful. If you have provided consent for your details to be shared with a third party, and wish to withdraw this consent, please also contact the relevant third party in order to amend your preferences. You should contact each party in the event that you no longer want to receive information from such party.
Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your Personally Identifiable Information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the Contact Us link above.
Transborder Flow of Personally Identifiable Information
ou expressly consent to us collecting, transmitting, storing and processing Personally Identifiable Information or other User Information outside of Australia, including, but not limited to, Isle of Man, United Kingdom, Canada, and United States.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you or your children (if applicable) to our employees who need to have access to such information in order to provide products or services to you, as well as to authorized third parties (as stated above). We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect your nonpublic personal information. We protect your information over the internet by using a secure web server, which allows web browser programs (Netscape, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Safari or Firefox) to interact with our web server via an encrypted session. Depending on which browser you use, you will know you are in secured area by “https” or a lock appearing in the lower right hand corner of your browser window. When you visit the Website, you may move in and out of secured areas. Anytime that you are on a page ordering products or services, or viewing your personal credit report, you will be in a secured area.
Notwithstanding the forgoing, we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent our computers from being illegally accessed, and the data on them stolen or altered, and we assume no liability or responsibility to you or to any third party arising out of any loss, misuse, destruction, or alteration of your information. Furthermore, in the event you have requested services requiring the transmission of your User Information through the mail or using an other common courier, we cannot guarantee that your User Information will not be lost or otherwise illegally accessed during or after attempted delivery, and we will not be liable or responsible to you for any such loss or misuse. You should always take great care in handling and disclosing your personal information. For example, avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the United States Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Persons Under the Age of 18
In order to use the Website and/or its products and/or services, you must be at least 18 years of age. The Website is not directed to or intended for use by persons under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly solicit personal information from such persons or send them requests for non-public personal information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personally Identifiable Information directly from someone under the age of 18, we will delete such information from our records. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use our products or services, including sending us any personal information.
Notification of Changes
Visitor's Acceptance of These Terms