Trump’s Plan for Undocumented Immigrants

Trump’s Plan for Undocumented Immigrants

As a presidential nominee, Donald Trump made a campaign promise to immediately deport 3 million undocumented immigrants. Now that he’s President, what can the undocumented...

/ February 20, 2017
DACA Applications Accepted by Trump Administration

Trump Administration Still Accepting DACA Applications

President Trump’s campaign promise to deport 3 million undocumented immigrants has many living in fear, in particular, young immigrants living in the US illegally. However,...

/ February 13, 2017
What’s a sanctuary city and what’s Trump’s problem with them?

What’s a sanctuary city and what’s Trump’s problem with them?

Sanctuary cities harbor undocumented immigrants from deportation. President Trump created an executive action that requires all cities to comply with federal deportation requests, or else...

/ February 9, 2017
The department of homeland security is proposing a rule that could restrict legal immigration.

How To Renew or Replace Your Green Card

As a resident in the United States, a green card is perhaps the most important document you possess. It proves your identity and status, including...

/ February 5, 2017
Merit Visa and Building the Wall

Trump’s Immigration Reform Moves Visas to Merit-Based

Trump’s executive orders on immigration have taken a sharp turn from his predecessors’, both Obama and Bush, which favored families and welcomed refugees. But what...

/ February 4, 2017
Immigration and Trump

Immigration and Trump: What’s coming next? What you can do to protect your loved ones

President Trump’s actions on immigration have alarmed the country and the world. With immigration reform looming on the horizon, now is the time to secure...

/ February 2, 2017
Extension for STEM OPT

The New 24-Month STEM OPT Extension

If you’re an F-1 visa holder — academic student — with a listed degree in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM), you can apply for...

/ January 30, 2017
Work Permit OPT Students

Making The Most Of Your Allowed OPT Time: How Academic Students Maximize Work Permits

Students file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to apply for, renew, or replace an Employment Authorization Document (EAD), a work permit. F-1 visa holders...

/ January 27, 2017
Labor Certification And Change Jobs

How To Change Jobs After Your Labor Certification Is Filed

If you have an H-1B visa to work in a specialized field like science, technology, engineering, or math and your employer is applying to be...

/ January 23, 2017
Changes To Work Permit Rules

Work Permit Renewal Rules for Foreign Workers are Changing

Do you have a work permit (EAD) that you’re planning to renew? You might benefit from a new rule that gives you temporary work authorization...

/ January 16, 2017
Prove EAD while application pending

Tips for Proving Work Authorization Under The New EAD Rules

Under a new rule that goes into effect January 17, 2017, applicants in certain eligibility categories applying to renew an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) can...

/ January 16, 2017
American Green Card

How To File Form I-90 Renewal or Replacement Application

Form I-90 A green card is an immigration document that serves as your proof that you have permission to live and work in the United...

/ January 15, 2017
EAD After Graduating Collge

How To Get A Job In The US After Graduating From A US College

You’re a foreign student who studied hard at a U.S. college, and now you want to work in your field of study in the U.S....

/ January 13, 2017
Home Residence Requirement

Determine If You’re Subject To The 2-year Home Residence Requirement

The U.S. exchange visitor immigration program helps the U.S. and the visitor’s home country exchange culture. Before an exchange visitor can get a Green Card,...

/ January 9, 2017
Green Card Pending Work Permit

EAD While Applying For Green Card

If you’re not a U.S. citizen and you don’t have a green card, you can work in the U.S. if USCIS gives you permission and...

/ January 6, 2017
Work Permit for Asylees

How To Get A Work Permit For Asylum Applicants

Individuals who come to the U.S. for protection from persecution in their home country because of their race, religion, nationality, membership in certain social groups,...

/ January 4, 2017

Renew a Green Card or Apply for Citizenship?

It’s time to renew your green card, but is renewing the best choice? That’s for you to decide, but let’s do a quick comparison of the benefits...

/ January 2, 2017
Green Card vs Citizenship

The Difference Between a U.S. Green Card and U.S. Citizenship

Both lawful permanent residents (green card holders) and U.S. citizens enjoy many of the same rights, such as the ability to live permanently and work...

/ November 16, 2016
US Citizenship

How To Become a U.S. Citizen – Naturalization Process Explained

Naturalization is the process of becoming a U.S. citizen for people who were born a citizen of another country. Becoming a citizen through naturalization takes...

/ October 21, 2016
N-400 N-600 Difference

What’s the Difference between USCIS Form N-400 and N-600?

There is one main difference between the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Form N-400 and Form N-600. If you are not a U.S. citizen...

/ October 17, 2016

Applying for Employment Authorization

If you are living in the United States as a temporary resident and want to start working, you must file for employment authorization. Errors in...

/ May 10, 2016

Obtaining a Travel Document or K-1 visa

If you are not yet a permanent resident and need to pass through American borders, or you wish to bring a spouse-to-be into the country,...

/ April 28, 2016

What Is the Difference Between Form N-565 and N-600?

To obtain a certificate of citizenship, the first thing to consider is whether you need an original certificate or a copy of your citizenship certificate....

/ February 29, 2016

How to Work or Travel While Green Card Application Is Pending

Individuals who want to work and reside permanently in the U.S. may file Form I-485 to file for a green card. The green card allows you...

/ February 26, 2016

How to Sponsor a Relative For Citizenship

All U.S. Citizens are allowed to sponsor certain relatives abroad to become Green Card holders (or permanent residents of the U.S.) and lead a path...

/ February 25, 2016

What is the difference between continuous residence and physical presence?

When applying for U.S. citizenship, people often get confused with the continuous residence and physical presence requirements. Sure, they both deal with the amount of...

/ February 23, 2016

How does FileRight work?

Filing for a change in immigration status can present many difficulties. Even if you are eligible for obtaining your green card or becoming a U.S....

/ February 22, 2016

Why is FileRight a good idea?

Going through the naturalization process can be scary. And regardless of how long you’ve been in the U.S., getting the correct documentation to stay is...

/ February 15, 2016

Worry-free Immigration Paperwork? Makes it Possible

There’s no doubt you’ve heard of many of the companies based in Silicon Valley, which is famous for the abundance of tech firms that call it home. Companies like...

/ February 11, 2016

FileRight is the TurboTax of Immigration Paperwork

When tax season arrives every year, countless U.S. citizens cope with the stresses involved with filing for taxes. Recently, TurboTax has been able to take...

/ February 9, 2016

How to Pay the USCIS Immigrant Fees

USCIS Immigrant Fees Transcript: Paying the fees for your USCIS immigration forms is an important step in the process. Here are some helpful tips about...

/ February 3, 2016

How to Extend Your Legal Nonimmigrant Stay in the U.S.

Need to Extend Your Legal Nonimmigrant Stay in the United States? Your temporary visa in the United States is going to expire soon, but you...

/ February 3, 2016

What to Expect at the Biometrics Appointment

What to Expect at the Biometrics Appointment Almost all immigration applications require that you attend a biometrics appointment after submitting your immigration forms to the...

/ February 2, 2016

How Can I Get a Green Card for My Parents?

How Do I Get A Green Card for My Parents? A common question that many immigrants want to know is “Can I help my parents...

/ February 2, 2016

What is Form G-1450?

Form G-1450, USCIS Authorization for Credit Card Transactions Recently the United States government has started allowing green card holders to pay the fees for their...

/ February 1, 2016

How to Prepare for DACA Renewal

  DACA Renewal If your two years of deferred action and employment authorization is almost up, it’s about time for you to renew your request for...

/ January 29, 2016

How to Apply for a Student Visa

  Foreign students looking to study at an academic school in the United States can use the F student visa. Applying for an F student...

/ January 28, 2016

What’s the Difference Between F, M and J Visas?

Student Visas Are you looking to study in the United States? If so, you should make sure that you’re getting the right visa for your...

/ January 28, 2016

How to Request Copy of U.S. Citizenship Certificate

Hold on! Before you apply to become a citizen, have you checked to see if you’re already a citizen? If one of your parents is...

/ September 30, 2015

How to Apply for Dual Citizenship

When you are ready to start your citizenship application or apply for a certificate certifying your citizenship, you might end up having citizenship from two different countries....

/ September 28, 2015

How to File Form N-400: Application for Naturalization

If you’re a permanent resident (green card holder) and want to become a citizen of the United States, you may have to file Form N-400,...

/ September 11, 2015

Debating on Getting Naturalized? Do it for Your Children

Protect Your Children from Deportation Are you a long-time green card holder and still unsure about becoming a U.S. citizen? Are you having a hard...

/ June 2, 2015