Professional Document Templates Available
Communicate efficiently with USCIS with our professionally written cover letter and document templates.
Personalized Application Filing Instructions
Based off of your answers, our system will generate personalized filing instructions to guide you through the filing process.
Supporting Documents Step by Step Instructions
Our easy to understand instructions will guide you through preparing your supporting documents to file your paperwork accurately with the USCIS.
Customer Support Agents Available
Our agents are here to help you if you have any questions with our product or service.
U.S. Citizenship Form N-400
What is the N-400 Application?
Form N-400, Application for U.S. Citizenship, is the form used by permanent residents (Green Card holders) to become citizens of the United States. There are a number of requirements that need to be met before an immigrant can apply for U.S. Citizenship, but the benefits are plentiful.
Some benefits of citizenship include the ability to help your relatives immigrate easier, the right to vote, the right to hold a U.S. passport and the fact that you won't need to apply for Green Card renewal anymore.
What are the requirements for U.S. Citizenship?
The following are the essential requirements for applying for citizenship, a process called naturalization:
- You must hold a green card for five years and continuously reside in the U.S. (meaning that you live there without leaving for trips of six months or longer),
- You must be physically present inside the U.S. for at least 30 months before applying
- You must have lived in the state where you will submit the application for at least three months
- You need to be reasonably proficient in the English language
- You need to be familiar with American history, government and society
- You need to be able to make an Oath of allegiance (There are some exceptions for those whose religion does not allow oathes).
How do I file for citizenship using Form N-400?
You must correctly complete Form N-400 and attach all required documents. This includes documents that will help the USCIS decide whether you have good moral character, such as criminal records and tax records.
How much does applying for U.S. Citizenship using FileRight cost?
Filing USCIS Form N-400 for U.S. Citizenship using FileRight requires the following fees:
- FileRight Application Package fee: $195.
- Application fee: $640
- Biometrics fee: $85
How FileRight makes it easier!
Simple & Fast
We ask simple questions in English or Spanish and you answer with a simple click.
No Costly Mistakes
Our software checks your forms for errors and makes sure you have not missed anything.
No Confusing Forms
Our online service completes your forms for you. No more confusing forms or instructions.
Print & File Right
We provide personalized filing instructions for your completed form. You simply print and file with confidence.