You can use Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, to replace or to renew your permanent resident card (green card). Conditional permanent residents who need to replace their conditional green card can also use Form I-90.

Note: Conditional permanent residents looking to renew their green card may not use Form I-90.

The United States Citizens and Immigration Services (USCIS) requires you to provide certain evidence when you file Form I-90Green card holders who are renewing their status must include a copy of their current green card, even if it’s already expired when they send Form I-90 to USCIS.

If You’re Filing Form I-90 to… Evidence You’ll Need
Renew your green card A copy of your current green card
Replace your green card because it was lost, stolen, destroyed or mutilated A copy of your current green card or a copy of your passport, driver’s license, military ID or other government-issued ID
Fix a USCIS error on your green card Your original green card and a copy of your marriage or birth certificate
Get a green card that shows your new legal name A copy of your marriage certificate, birth certificate or the court order that shows you’ve changed your name

Remember Form I-90 is not intended to renew the conditional green card (2-year green card). Conditional permanent residents may begin their process for renewal with Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.