Okay, hold on! Before you start your US citizenship application, have you checked to see if you’re already a citizen?

If you are a green card holder and one of your parents is a U.S. citizen, then you may be able to prove your U.S. citizenship by filing Form N-600, Application for Certificate of Citizenship.

There are two ways you can qualify for a US Citizenship Certificate.

If you were born outside of the United States to a US citizen parent.


If you were not born a US citizen, but automatically became a citizen when one of your parents naturalized before you turned 18 years old.

Check out FileRight.com and get your US Citizenship Certificate application N-600 started today!