What’s the Difference Between F, M and J Visas?

Student Visas

Are you looking to study in the United States?

If so, you should make sure that you’re getting the right visa for your purposes before you apply.

There are three different visas that are called student visas in the United States: the F, M and J visas.

The F visa, sometimes called the Academic student visa, is used by visitors who wish to attend an accredited college, university, seminary, preparatory high school or other academic learning institution.

The M visa, also known as the the Vocational Student Visa, and is available to students who wish to go into a non-academic learning program in the United States.

The J visa is most commonly known as the Exchange Visitor’s visa and includes a variety of available programs including,

  • Professors
  • Research assistants
  • Students
  • Teachers
  • Interns
  • Nannies
  • Camp Counselors
  • and others

To learn more about how student visas work and the differences between them, visit FileRight.com.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on linkedin
Share on email

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

By clicking “Send” you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Check Your Application Status