Common Immigration Mistakes: Forgetting Paperwork

Forgetting Paperwork

Hello, my name is Hana Boston and I’m an immigration attorney at

Today I’m going to talk about one common mistake many people make when preparing their immigration application — forgetting to submit all your paperwork.

Every immigration process requires at least one government form. But what many people don’t know is that you’re often required to submit loads of other paperwork called supporting evidence.

Supporting evidence is paperwork that helps prove something about you. For example, utility bills can prove you have a U.S. address. A marriage certificate proves your marriage is valid. An arrival-departure record proves you entered the U.S. legally.

Remember, you only need to send a copy of these documents unless the USCIS specifically asks for the original.

When you’re getting ready to submit your immigration application, be sure to include all the necessary supporting evidence. It’s a good idea to have a checklist specific to your situation so that you don’t miss anything.

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on linkedin
Share on email

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

By clicking “Send” you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Check Your Application Status