How to Replace a Lost Green Card

You’ve looked everywhere for it, but it’s nowhere to be found! Your green card is lost and now you need to get a new one. But, how do you go about replacing a lost green card? The answer isn’t as difficult as it seems.

The USCIS form used to replace lost, stolen or damaged green cards is the same form used to renew a green card: Form I-90, Application to Renew or Replace Permanent Resident Card.

Just follow these four steps to replace your green card.

Steps to Replace a Lost Green Card

  1. Fill out Form I-90 and be sure to attach your supporting documentation, including a copy of your lost green card.
  2. Mail the form and the filing fee to the USCIS office responsible for I-90 applications.
  3. Attend your biometrics appointment where they will take your fingerprints and run a background check.
  4. Wait for your new green card to arrive! This usually takes three months but could take longer depending on the USCIS office backlog.

Worried about the paperwork? Don’t struggle through complicated immigration paperwork to replace your green card. makes it easy to complete the paperwork on your own.

[uncode_block id=”53120″]


Here’s a brief video to explain the process:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on whatsapp
Share on linkedin
Share on email

Sign Up for Our Newsletter

By clicking “Send” you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Check Your Application Status